HUMAN RESEARCH PROTECTION PROGRAM (HRPP)
- Safeguard and promote the health and welfare of human research subjects by ensuring that their rights, safety and well-being are protected;
- Provide timely and high-quality education, review and monitoring of human research projects; and
- Facilitate excellence in human subjects research by assisting investigators in conducting ethical research which complies with all relevant Federal, State and local regulations.
INSTITUTIONAL REVIEW BOARD (IRB)
- To determine and certify that all research reviewed by the IRB conforms to the regulations and policies set forth by DHHS, the FDA, Washington State regulations and University policies regarding the health, welfare, safety, rights, and privileges of human participants; and
- To assist investigators in conducting ethical research that complies with the DHHS, FDA, Washington State regulations and University policies in a way that permits accomplishment of the research activity.
For more information about the WSU HRPP & IRB, please reference the HRPP/IRB manual.